Denim & Military Jackets, More: 10 Things We Love @ BU
It looks like spring is finally here! (But we're not holding our breaths quite yet.) In hopes to not jinx it, we've rounded up some our top favorite stylist-approved layering pieces for this transition-weather season:
1. I bought my Gap denim jacket more than 10 years ago, and my attempts to find a "nicer" one I like better have proven fruitless (but I'm still on the hunt)! Lucky for me, this is one classic piece Gap still carries (link here).
2. The Everlane cropped anorak is a fresh take on a traditional jacket. It's water-resistant—making it perfect for surprise spring showers!
3. Pop this easy "overshirt" style jacket from Sezane over a t-shirt and jeans for a cool, casual look. I like the stripes to add variety that's still easy to mix and match.
4. If you have a small frame, a classic double-breasted trench can be too overwhelming. I like this modernversion by Mackage.
5. If the long winter has you down, go for a fun, patterned layering piece like this Zadig & Voltaire ikat print bomber. Great worn casually with jeans, or throw it over a slip dress in the evening for a sporty twist.
6. My military jacket is my spring go-to outwear. Really, I wear it all the time: on a market run or out for drinks. The Zadig & Voltaire Kayak Brod Parka adds a fun, feminine twist to a more masculine jacket.
7. Club Monaco's color block trench is a great staple that provides a new spin on a classic cut. It's a good option for those who want something a bit different that won't be "out of style" next year.
8. If you like clean lines or need something simple for the office, COS A-line shape cardigan is great! It has a hidden zip front, 3/4 sleeves, and a nice texture to add dimension to your outfit.
9. If you workout early in the morning like I do, you will probably still need a parka to get to the gym. Stella McCartney for Adidas has this awesome two-toned parka that will keep you looking cool.
10. For those mornings when you REALLY want to stay in bed but you still HAVE to go to work, I suggest you snuggle up in Theory's cashmere duster. Over slacks or jeans, this cozy cardigan will keep you warm until you get to your local coffee shop and feel better about the day. It can easily pivot to a good travel buddy, as well.