10 Things We Love @ BU
If you are like us and wearing high heels on a regular basis isn't your thing, we've given you a list of our favorite stylish flats to keep you comfortable and cool this spring:
1. My love of loafers runs deep, and I'm digging the nice rose hue of this piece of fusion footwear: the loafer mule (a "moafer"?)
2. Sticking to the footwear portmaneau theme, I bought these sneaker/espadrilles ("snespadrilles"?) last summer, and they proved to be one of the most versatile pieces of footwear I've ever purchased. I think I'm going to snatch up a back-up pair.
3. I've been thinking about these slides ever since I bought them for a client recently. They paired well with so many outfits by adding interest to solids or creating a cool, eclectic look mixed with prints.
4. I "d'orsay" these Vince flats are a cool, on-trend yet versatile (low CPW) update for your pointy-toe flats.
5. This summer version of a smoking loafer has gotten rave reviews from clients, especially my busy moms, for being comfortable enough to run around the city all day.
6. In this tricky transition weather I found these Robert Clergerie metallic mules to be airy enough for afternoon heat but covered enough for the evening or morning chill.
7. I like to slowly ease into summer colors. Loeffler Randall’s pointy toe slingback in light blue will do wonders for me! My feet are not completely naked, but the shoe has just a bit of toe cleavage. Bonus: They are on SALE!
8. When I want to feel a bit more dressed up, my go-to shoes are these Ralph Lauren Oxfords: classic, simple, and a great shape.
9. My weekend outfits this spring will have one thing in common: an easy-going espadrille, like these by Tory Burch.
10. Feeling a bit whimsical? I get that, too. Three-color pointy shoes will complement the mood, and these particular ones will NOT break the bank.